Friday, March 11, 2005

Fuck Me! Simon LeBon is Hot!

In that British, pretty-boy kind of way - though if you look strictly at his face, it's not really pretty per se. He's much taller than I thought with long legs and a slimmer waist than I've seen on him in several years. And he projects some powerful mojo on stage (not as much as Bono but honestly, no one works a crowd like Bono). His appeal is *all* about that sexuality. Oh, and that amazing voice! He sounded incredible, it was great!

Now, I realize I'm aging myself as I know at least one person who reads my blog that wasn't even in kindergarten when I was listening to Girls on Film, Planet Earth, Hungry Like the Wolf, Save a Prayer, and of course Rio. However, Duran Duran is part of my Jr. High and teenage years and hearing that music was really so much fun!

Though I never had the kind of all-consuming crush on any of the guys that some of my friends did, I certainly liked them. At the time it seemed like everyone liked them and I had a tendency to puposely not follow the crowd. Instead, I poured all of my teenage mushiness into Bono. It's not as if he wasn't popular as well but not Duran-Duran-Simon-LeBon-John-Taylor-Nick- Rhodes kind of popular. He was at least a little more fringe.

I'm not sure why I never went to see Duran Duran (the original "Fab Five ") when I was younger. I guess I just never got around to it. I'm really happy I had the opportunity to see them tonight. They may be a few years older but they can still kick it up. Oh, and they did one of my favorite songs, "White Lines." Love that song. Not one of theirs originally but they did a great job of it.

So I'm off to bed with visions of Simon firmly planted in my head. Ahh, it's going to be a good night . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home